Monday, July 26, 2010

N O T H I N G means e v e r y th i n g.

I gave you my all...ii never asked for it back. I'm not gonna stand there and list all the things ii showed you. There's no need for post its or hidden reminders. You grew tired of asking me what you could do for me in return. A movie, money, new shoes, or all of the above? Neither. Not one. You grew tired of my painful silence. That's how you felt. The thing is, my heart was talking in entirety...you just never took the time to listen.

Time. Thats the only thing I wanted, but I knew you couldn't give me. Cause if you could, you would be the first thing I'd see when I wake up, and the last image of my eyes as I laid to rest. I wouldn't have to find scattered memories of you to satisfy this lonely heart. I should be able to run to you and reach your arms, but even in your closeness...you're still soo so far away. If you were capable, you would stop looking beyond me, through me, beside me...and just have patience for our premature, aging love. You would stop..and think of me. You would laugh and think of me. You wouldn't love...without me. Hands tied. Eyes closed. Legs tangled. Feet crossed...im still able to love you. Thats what I gave you, and thats what I showed you. Your NOTHING meant everything to me...and ii sit here and laugh. Because for YOU, my everything meant nothing for you. But Im not bitter, upset, or sad. With all the hearts out there, I'm sure there's time to fall again.



No comments:

Post a Comment