Thursday, October 14, 2010

Who knew.

Truth is...one day, we're going to realize that every mistake we made was for a good reason. You see, it was good enough for YOU, to just leave me, STILL standing here, with this sense of hope in my eyes, that one day you just MIGHT come back for me. I'm left in the middle of forgetting and remembering, my mind is in traffic trying to diffuse the two. I gave you good enough reasons to love me, but that didn't mean that you would. I handed you my heart on a silver platter, my love carved in gold, my soul wrapped in diamonds, but it seems that it wasn't a big enough offer for you. It's almost as if we fell in love to fall out of it. I cannot yet, comprehend where we went wrong, but maybe we were never right to begin with. I know it's over, yet ii really don't know. Even if you spelled it out, I wouldn't wanna know, because no matter what, it's not good enough to just let you go. Cause it puzzles me how one day I had it all, and the next day my "all" was gone. How one second i'm staring love into the eyes, and the next second ii feel totally blind. How hard you said it was to leave me, but how easily you left. How you never wanted to be without me, and now...without me, is where you need to be. How you can go on with your life knowing that there is a girl out there crying out to you, needing and wanting you, embracing all that was you...is you, but who knew? Who knew that you would walk in to my life and flip it upside down. Accept me as ii was, and everything I was not. Touch my heart, even if just for a moment. Inspire my world, my heart, my words. Teach me how to love me, just in case nobody else would. Who knew? So i'm left with an empty void, battered heart, and one unanswered question...why? But truth is, even with a good enough answer, it still wouldn't be good enough because you...you knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment